Thursday, July 03, 2014

An interview, a new Unthology 5 review and Short Fiction shortlisting

There's an interview with me about the inspiration behind my Unthology 5 story, 'Clarrie and You' - and about short stories generally - on the Unthank website. My interviewer was Mark Mayes, whose unsettling surreal story 'The Regular' also appears in the book. We interviewed each other, so my interview with him will appear soon.

There's also another extremely positive review of the book, this time by The Mole on Our Books Reviews: 'Another brilliant collection compiled by Ashley Stokes and Robin Jones that will add a seriously new dimension to commuting or coffee time.' Of 'Clarrie and You' he notes the 'secrets kept instead of honesty shared, but it's something you will have seen and maybe have been complicit in'. 

Oh, and I am thrilled that my story 'Looking for the Castle' has made the short list of the Short Fiction Journal prize, along with those of Catherine McNamara, Geoffrey Miller and Graham Mort.


No comments: